Capsules

 

Capsules

rgd

                                                 Judy Lai   Dainirys Pimentel Genesis Garcia

Audience: We are primarily targeting an older audience, but this can certainly be for anyone. 

Problem: People often forget to take their medication, which could in many cases be life threatening. 

Solution: We are trying to solve this problem by creating a pill dispenser that alarms the consumer when they should take the pill. 

 Date                                                                         Log

July 7, 2016

Before                                                                                                                                                                     Prior to today, we created our groups and discussed about what project we should do. We ended up deciding to do an organizers that dispenses items and that can alarm you through either a text or app when you are running out the item. Today we got our feedback from our mentor, Thu. She told us that we needed to choose one specific item to dispense. She also told us we had to have a clearer explanation. 

After                                                                                                                                                                               By the end of the day, we decided to create a product that would be able to dispense medication. We also began to do research different dispensing machines, such as gumball machines. After doing some research we began to create our product. We made so that when a stick pushes the object, it would fall down a hole. This concluded in failure. 

July 8, 2016

Before                                                                                                                                                                            After circle up, we grouped up and began to confirm what we wanted to do exactly. We were told we had to make a prototype that proved our concept. At the beginning we had no idea what we were going to do. After some brainstorming, we decided to split it up so that we could have something done. 

After                                                                                                                                                                              At the end of the day, we still didn’t have exactly what we wanted. We had the structure and the gears, but due to timing and computer problems the code was not complete. Judy and our mentor Thu did everything in their power to get it working, but it just wouldn’t. Thanks to Thu, we were able to at least understand how code what we wanted to do.   

July 11, 2016

 Before                                                                                                                                                                           Today we were told we were able to continue out proof of concept prototype. We again, spoke about what we should do exactly and what we needed to accomplish. The day before, DeeDee and Genesis, were having trouble with the gears and the laser cutter. The laser cutter was acting up so we couldn’t finish the gears. We again, split up the work and decided to finish up what were doing the week before. 

After                                                                                                                                                                               By the end of the day we were done with our prototype. We ran into some issues though, we weren’t sure about where we should place the motor and how we could make the other gear stable, but did end up figuring it out. 

July 12, 2016

 Before                                                                                                                                                                            We started the day preparing for our design review. We had everything working, but as we got up to show the audience, it stopped working. We got a lot of very helpful feedback and comments. 

After                                                                                                                                                                               After listening to the feedback from our peers and the panel, we discussed what we should do to move further in our project. 

 

July 13, 2016

Before

we started to discuss the different scenarios on how we could improve our project based on the feed back we got  yesterday.

After

we came up with a solution to our problem and we started the testing phase 

IMG_6124IMG_6122 IMG_6121 IMG_6120

 

 

 

 

 

 

July 14, 2016

 Before

Today we made a plate out of cardboard on the laser cutter.We  are on the testing phase in our project.  We were trying to test if our “salt shaker” method was plausible…it was not. 

After

We got stuck on the body of our project. We still haven’t figured out how to place our press fit on Libre office. The website we used to help us press fit was not letting us convert the file from pdf to odg. After a little troubleshooting we figured it out and 

July  18, 2016

 Before

At the beginning of the day we discussed our plans to confirm everything. We drew out what exactly was needed to be on 

 

After

We put together the box that was laser cut and put the plate inside.

July 19, 2016 
July 20, 2016 
July 21, 2016 

 August 4, 2016

 Before

 

 

After

Today the box is being laser cut.

capsule1

capsule2